Exam time is that time of the semester that most students dread. Students fail not because of the complexity of the questions but the pressure that comes with the fact that your fate in a course/subject lies with what you can remember within just a few hours. Therefore loosen up abit, read your books, get enough rest and enter the exam hall with confidence because you are going to come out in flying colours. Wish you Gods grace in all their exams.
Some people say beauty is pain but I say it feels good to look good. When u feel good inside, it boosts ur confidence and makes you more attractive whether as a lady or gentleman. Wearing a heavy but really nice and expensive designer jacket when its obvious you are burning inside only makes you look ridiculous. So use these tips, take advantage of your environment n look pretty.
1) Stick to natural fabric; natural fabric allows your skin to breathe, they circulate air and make sure your body temperature remains comfortably low. Cotton, and linen are the best natural fabrics to wear in hot weather.
2) Avoid tight clothing; Tight clothing that hugs the body, especially if closely woven, will not allow air to flow over the skin. You might want to stick with loose clothing. However note that too big clothing can make you look shabby, so check and balance is important.
3) Stick to light colours; black and other dark colours are heat absorbers unlike white and other light colours like cream, light blue, yellow etc that reflect sunlight and heat making you feel cool all day.
4) Wear a hat; A lightweight hat with ventilation keeps the direct sunlight off without trapping heat or making you sweat too much.
You will want to keep you feet as dry as possible. Fungus thrives in warm, dark and moist places. The best footwear for hot weather are sandals and shoes that allow air get to your feet.
* According to the Mayo Clinic, the use of hookah is equally detrimental to a person’s health as smoking cigarettes,a study by the World Health Organization also confirmed these findings. Contrary to the belief among users that the smoke from hookah is less dangerous than that of cigarettes. This is wrong! However since people think this is true, it gives a false sense of security and reduces concerns about true health effects.
* In a one-hour (1 hour) hookah session, users consume around 100 to 200 times the smoke and about 70 times the nicotine as they do in one cigarette.
* CEA levels (as a biological marker for cancer) of smokers are higher than in non-smokers even though substantially lower than those in cigarette smokers.
* Water pipe smokers are seven times (7 times) more likely than non-smokers to show signs of gum disease and mouth cancer.
* There are over 250 different kinds of Hookah flavors, and that number continues to rise.
* Hookah users may become infected with oral herpes, flu and respiratory diseases.
* Hookah contains 69 different carcinogens.
* Excess smoking of hookah may cause impotence in men and infertility in women.
There are things that seem easy to do with your body but are actually
impossible/rarely possible even though a few people can, a large percentage of people can’t. Have fun trying them out.
some of them are,
* Raise One Eyebrow
keeping one eyebrow down and raising the other is an action that only an small population can do. it is known as the universal sign of O RLY … I mean, skepticism.
* Licking Your Elbow
This is really gross but it’s fascinating. Gleeking (or gleeting / glicking) is like spitting – but not quite: the term means projecting saliva from the submandibular gland upon compression by the tongue.
* Twitch Your Nose especially laterally ie move it briefly and back.
* Wiggle Your Ear
Even though few people can wiggle theirs ears, most people can’t
“The mechanism behind ear movements is sophisticated,” Unlike other facial muscles, ear muscles have their own accessory nucleus, a control area for muscle function, in the brainstem
* Touch Your Nose or Chin With Your Tongue
* Sneeze with Your Eyes Open
Nope, you can’t sneeze with your eyes open (well, without forcing ’em open with your hands, anyhow). Why? Because when you sneeze, the “sneeze center” in the brain “sends coordinated motor impulses along nerves controlling muscles of the abdomen, chest, diaphragm, neck, face, eyelids and various sphincters, as well as the mucus glands and blood vessels of the nose. All this happens automatically.” (Source) You can’t help it.
* Tickle Yourself
We all have a ticklish spot or two, which are never a secret from the ones we love. Gentle tickling is fun – so one can be tempted to “auto-tickle” to amuse oneself. But alas, you can’t tickle yourself,
* Toot Your Own Horn
All right, all right, this one’s only for the guys: Why do dogs lick their balls? Because they can. And apparently, so can 2 to 3 out of 1,000 men in the world, according to sex researcher Alfred Kinsey.
* Do the Paralyzed Finger Trick
Okay, give this one a try: bend your middle finger and put your hand on the table. Then lift your thumb, index finger, and pinkie. No problem, right? Now try the ring finger. you can’t? This is because the tendons in your fingers are independent from one another apart from the ones in your middle and ring finger. These tendons are connected, so that when your middle finger is folded down you cannot move your ring finger. It feels like your ring finger is stuck!
* While sitting on a chair, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles. Then, while doing that, draw the number 6 with your right hand. You can’t help it: your foot will change direction.
* Similarly: move your right leg in anti-clockwise circles and simultaneously draw the number 8 with your right hand.
* Walk while swinging ur right leg and right arm together
* Another tricky thing to do: simultaneously rotate the index fingers of both hands clockwise. Do it slowly at first, but then pick up speed. Try to go faster and faster, and pretty soon your two fingers will be going in opposite directions!
* Put Your Fist in Your Mouth
Well, the steps are easy enough: 1. Make a fist, and 2. Insert into mouth – but most people can’t do it, except the few ( mostly women) who have a) small fists and b) big mouths!
For some days now, the media has been over swarmed with the phrase: “my oga at the top”, which emanated from the live interview @channels_TV granted Mr. Shem Obafaiye, The Lagos state commandant Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps. (NSCDC).
Various funny pictures have been created, tshirts made and everyone is talking and laughing
Whilst so many have chosen to turn this to a joke, I think it should be an eye opener for us.
Now, let’s glean some lessons from this;
1. Be up to date with the happenings around you at all times. Ignorance can be fatal. Don’t be left behind because you never know how some things might come to hunt you.
2. Regardless of your qualification, strive to possess a Sound Interpersonal Communication Skill (IPC). This will prevent you from making incoherent presentations.
3. Regardless of the case, be calm, remain yourself.
4. When asked a question and you don’t have an answer, please just open up by saying you don’t know. Better still, say you’ll get back to the person. This led the man to giving “ww.nscdc that’s all!” as the URL for his organization. Don’t EVER misinform people!
5. In this jet age, it will be highly calamitous to get ready. Please DON’T GET READY, LIVE READY! The man obviously wasn’t expecting the questions asked.
Bear in mind, that this same interview could have boosted Mr. Sham’s image if successful. ||« Sometimes, the path that leads to success may also lead to failure! »|| This is a lesson for us all!
Download video @ http://ngscholars.com/2013/03/my-oga-at-the-top-video-lessons-to-learn/
Nigerian politics is a strife of interests posing as a contest of principles. Politicians promise us heaven and earth before coming into power but when they do, even the little left on our plate, they take it away. The thriving political strategy is to supress the masses until they are too weak to fight so that when they give u a naira compared to the thousands/ millions we deserve and we feel priviledged. They conduct public affairs for private advantage. They make us believe that public funds, privileges and even justice are for the classes not the masses. Everyone struggles to belong to that group using whatever means possible hereby increasing the crime rate in the nation because it is impossible to survive as an average, simple man. Let us not succumb to the pressure, let’s not be distracted, let’s not give up, let us stand strong and fight and let’s never ever take our eyes off the goal that is to make our country can be a better place for our childrens generation.
Its amazing how your favourite colours can say a lot about your personality. Here’s a short quiz. Grab a pen and a piece of paper and arrange the colours red, yellow, violet, blue, black, brown green and grey according to preference and read what psychologists have to say about your personality.
Red represents passion and energy. Red lovers are impulsive sexy and have a will to win. They are good leaders, they want to expand their horizons and live life to the fullest. Red in seventh or eighth position means your dream for life and thirst for adventure has become less.
Yellow represents happiness and relaxation. Anyone who chooses yellow in second, third or forth place is a positive and an optimistic person who always looks to the future and never backwards. They find life easy and problems simply don’t exist for them. Free from worry they live a carefree life but this does not mean they r lazy. They are extremely hardworking although not consistently. Yellow in first place means you are ambitious and eager to please. When yellow is in the later part of the spectrum, you have had ur hopes and dreams dashed, you feel isolated and disappointed often becoming defensive and withdrawn.
Green represents firmness and its lovers are resistant to change. In the first place, they are persistent, possessive and quite selfish. They are a high achievers and accumulators of things like penthouse, rolex, holiday flat. They want to be recognised and need to impress but worry about the prospect of failure. If green is a later choice, ego has been bruised and have been humbled by the resistance to your progress. Consequently, critical, sarcastic and stubborn.
Violet represets a conflict between impulsiveness and calm sensitivity, dominance and submissiveness. The person who prefers violet wants a mystical, magical relationship. Both mentally and physically immature. You are stuck in a world of wishful thinking and fantasy. Often purple appears in the later part of the sequence for someone more mature and has outgrown the fantasy vision of life, confronting harsh reality head on.
Brown is a colour of physical well being and is an indicator of how healthy you think you are. If you put brown in the forth or fifth place, you are not so concerned about your health and body. This means you are probably in good shape. Those worried about illness tend to put brown earlier in the sequence. Brown as favourite colour, you are restless and insecure but also homey.
Grey is neutral and represent a portion between two contrasting motivations. Grey in first place means you want to shut yourself from everything and remain uncommitted so that you can swing with opinions and emotions. You are more of an observer than doer. Those who choose grey in the eighth position seek to join everything, eager and enthusiastic. They try absolutely everything in their effort to achieve their goals.
Blue represents calmness and loyalty. Blue lovers are sensitive and easily hurt. You never panic and are in total control of your life and are content with the way it is going. You desire to lead an uncomplicated and worry free life and are prepared to sacrifice certain goals inorder to achieve this, you need a stable relationship without conflict. Blue in later sequence, you are unsatisfied and feel the need to break from ties that restrict you but ud probably suffer in silence.
Black in first place, is probably in revolt against their fate, second, prepared to give up everything else to achieve what you want. Seventh or eighth, means balanced of outlook. If yellow preceeds black, then a change is on the way.